For those still on the Pokemon Go wave, They recently dropped an update for iOS (1.3.0) and Android (0.33.0). I guess one of my questions would be why the updates look different numbers wise? I suppose it doesn’t matter if they both received the same thing. Here are some of the things that they work on and or added:
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes
No where in these patch notes does it specify that they fixed the difficulty in catching some of these pokemon. As I said in the last post, There should be no reason why i’m having pidgeys and ratattas break out my pokeball. I digress, as they seem to be working on the “3 step” bug for nearby pokemon and are looking to put in place a better system.